University of Miami Police Department (UMPD)
UMPD services are required with events that need intersection control on Ponce de Leon, serving of alcohol or reinforcement. Visit the UMPD website.
Reserved Parking Spaces
Certain events require that an area of a lot or a number of spaces be held. In most cases, this requires a lot attendant (additional fee) to secure the area, regardless of the number of spaces. Spaces without an attendant cannot be guaranteed.
Your event may require staff resources to secure lots and spaces or to control traffic. Our event team will assist in determining the right mix for your event. Parking & Transportation reserves the right to determine the type of staff resources that best suits your event, based on variables such as traffic flow, construction, and/or other events taking place in the area. We will consult with you during the process of arranging your services. You must give at minimum, a seven (7) business-day notice in order to staff an event.
Shuttle service is available and prices vary depending on your need, for example, shuttle type/size, usage time and trip distance. Refer to Shuttle Rates. You may book directly through Academy Bus Company (Sales Office) at 305-688-7700 ext. 1. Or, if arranged through Parking & Transportation via online Service Request Form, you will incur a 10% administrative fee.
A valet parking attendant is often the first point of personal contact at any event. Our goal is to offer a convenient, efficient and professional level of service. Valet services are provided by UM authorized vendors, supervised, and equipped by Parking and Transportation.
Rates vary based on the estimated number of vehicles expected for the event. Refer to Valet Rates. Please note, valet staffing depends on the size and location of the event, as well as the distance of the vehicle stacking area from the drop-off/pick-up points. Our goal is to deliver the highest level of customer service by requiring sufficient valet staff to meet a vehicle retrieval rate of 4-6 minutes.
Golf Cart Rental
For information regarding Golf Car Rental, please contact Broward Electric Car and Equipment at 954-925-2400.
- A valid Florida State Driver's License - Class C or E
- Obey all traffic signals and signs
- Wear a seatbelt (if provided) and ensure passengers do to
AFTER HOURS (5:00 PM - 8:30 AM) & WEEKEND POINT OF CONTACT:
- Shuttle service rental: Academy Bus Company dispatch at 305-769-6065
- On-Campus/Recreational Shuttle - 305-688-7700
- Valet service: MAC Valet at 786-587-7176
- Parking: UMPD dispatch at 305-284-666
Familiarize yourself with the significant information that follows to ensure your event planning is in compliance with the City of Coral Gables and our campus community.
- Equipment (i.e. tents, large equipment/vehicles) removal needs to occur within 2-hours after the event, specifically if it impacts parking areas or traffic flow. If an exception is needed, contact Parking & Transportation at 305.284.1641 for review.
- Survey parking area(s) and immediate roadway for any damages incurred during the event. Here are some examples: Curbside or landscaping damage caused by delivery vehicle or event-goers. Outdoor event with tents requires tents to be secured with sandbags, but, vendor opted to drill holes on surface area which now requires spot resurfacing. Contact Facilities and Parking & Transportation as required.